Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Big, Christmas plans

Finals week is over, Christmas was great, and now I sit here from (sorta) sunny Las Vegas sniffling myself to death.

I had such plans for the Christmas Holiday. I was going to post on something Christmas-y every day, I was going to re-write the "Chestnuts Roasting" lyrics to express my joy about the end of finals. I was going to write for fun and catharsis, and you were all going to love it.

Problem #1: My wonderful grandmother, with whom I stayed for the first half of the break before Christmas, has no internet. Whatsoever. I realized this halfway through teh drive up to North Ogden after dropping my boyfriend off at the airport. Crap. Not only had I said goodbye to my man for two weeks, but I would not be able to blog for the first four days of the break. I was not in the best frame of mind just then.

I decided I could wait until my Mom and Dad got home. We have internet at our house...I could catch up, right?

Wrong.

Problem #2: When my parents got home, I was dismayed to learn that my father had disabled our super-fast internet connection to save money. The only internet access was on my Mom's laptop...which still uses Windows 98.

I resolved to start up once we got to Vegas.

Problem #3: Daddy accidentally shared his cold with us. Lovely. I am only just pulling slightly out of the tissue fog. I probably won't blog again until I'm over it entirely.

However, I promise to tell of my New Year's celebration and share an adventure a day from now on, as I have always meant to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment