Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Dangers of Moccasin Love

I first saw them when we were looking for Hailey's social dance shoes. Payless was the third store we'd been to in the mall, but nobody quite had what we were looking for. I was a little tired and ready to call down the perfect cha-cha shoes from on high, just to see if I could do it. And then I saw that pink box.

Two tan suede moccasins lined with soft fur. I tried them on. Yes, they were as blissful as they appeared. I thought I had wrapped my feet in two little clouds of heaven and happiness. It almost pained me to put on my own shoes as we left. However, finding Hailey's shoes at Famous Footwear consoled me a little.

Why Moccasins? In the first place, as my friend Abby put it once, Moccasins are "the socially acceptable slippers." Come on, you know you have those days you want to wear slippers to class. That is what it feels like you have done when you wear your moccasins.

I am not wearing my Moccasins today. I got into wearing them every day, whether they matched what I was wearing or not. I decided in light of the coming spring, that I ought to be more careful and space out when I wear them.

But I wish I had worn them. The sky is gray and it is cooler than yesterday. Yesterday was so nice. It was almost too warm for moccasins.

No comments:

Post a Comment