Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Winter...fun?

I was talking to my Grandma yesterday and she said something to the effect of "I keep thinking to myself 'maybe this week Lindsey won't have anything much to deal with.' But..."

Here she trailed off. What she didn't have to say to me was no, so far I have not had an uneventful semester. On the one hand, this is good, because I have not by any means been bored this semester.

First, I learned I had not signed up for enough credits for my scholarship and almost lost it. I spent two weeks trying to fix that one.

Cleaning checks are fun. Not really.

I worried for a whole weekend whether or not I was accepted into my major (small ray of sunshine: I was!)

So, winter has been quite eventful for me. Although I will say that even the class I hated once is now kind of fun. We're doing team projects in a business writing class my mother was deceived into pestering me to take. At first, I loathed the class, but now we are actually writing and I like it much better.

As Spring begins to lift its head like a Crocus in the snow, I am feeling satisfied with myself and the work I have done.

I had a conversation with my mother this morning--about success. I was voted Most Likely to Succeed, and I wasn't sure, for a moment, that I had been. But I think now that success isn't necessarily a straight line. It just might be a little squiggly, even if it is statistically straight or pursuing one object. I know that success is not a destination, per se, but I thought the course was fairly steady, at least if one planned properly.

Now I see that bumps in the road are not necessarily there to shake up the car. They exist to harden our resolve and so propel us farther.

Nevertheless, I look to Spring as a time of tranquility in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment