Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Spicy No-Sweat Sweatpant Stir-fry

Why did I make a spicy stir-fry in the middle of a Mac & Cheese Challenge?

Because I was sick of Mac & Cheese, that's why. Oh well. I got back to it.

I called this what I did because it's spicy, pretty easy to make, and I cooked it in my electric-lime-colored sweat pants.

I had peppers and turkey and broccoli, and stir-fry sounded amazing!!

I have everything in this picture but the peppers!


So, first of all, here is a little tutorial, boys & girls, on how to roast your own peppers at home, so you don't have to buy them expensive and pre-roasted in a jar. I always think everything is better homemade, cheaper and fresh.

So you have your peppers {probably red} and you put them on a cookie sheet, or a jelly-roll pan, which are the cookie sheets with the raised edges. Technically a jelly-roll pan.

Brush them with oil, or spray them with PAM. Turn your oven to broil.

When they get black on top in places, flip them over.



When they're done, take them out and let them cool down.


They will be HOT for a long time!

MEANWHILE...if you did this at the spur of the moment, thaw that ground turkey!


{I keep like three of these in my freezer at any given time. CHEAPER THAN GROUND BEEF!!}

Once your meat is thawed, brown it in a large skillet.


So, turn this


into this

At which point, add Soy Sauce, Sriracha, Garlic, cayenne {go light!}, chili powder, rotisserie seasoning {optional}, curry powder, nutmeg, and thyme. This will make the sauce you see above.

At some point, you peppers will have cooled. Remove the skin, if possible. Slice one pepper, and put the others into a tupperware {You can use them on all sorts of things later}. 


Now throw the pepper slices, seeds and all, into the skillet




Chop up your broccoli, like so:


You want small enough pieces that it can be easily eaten and stirred but large enough pieces that the broccoli retains its unique shape. 

Now put it in the skillet.


And stir it around a bit


Yes I cook in sweats, I like it


{Thank you Cherie for photographing me so I don't ruin my camera}

Anyway, then you boil your pasta {or rice, I felt like angel hair pasta this night} and it comes out looking like this:


And that is how you do the Spicy No-Sweat Sweatpant Stir-fry!!












No comments:

Post a Comment