Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Pierce Brosnan Look

Anyone who has seen his Bond movies or the Remington Steele series knows the look I'm talking about:


{I took this myself from Hulu because Google didn't have the look in the polished one I was looking for}


That look that he can give a girl where it looks like he thinks she's the greatest thing in the world. That is why we all really love Pierce Brosnan. Don't get me wrong, the good looks, dark hair, and blue eyes--not to mention the dreamy accent--do not hurt a thing. At all. Remotely.

But that isn't what really earns Daniel Craig's predecessor his dreamboat status. It's THAT look, in all its variations, that really makes us swoon.

 
 

Here's the best Google had of That Look. And, yes, I was being picky, so deal with it.

The sad thing is, I wouldn't have realized this, ever. EXCEPT:

1. I see him give Stephanie Zimbalist's character, Laura Holt, that look a LOT on Remington Steele, my newest TV obsession.

2. A conversation I had whilst tying a quilt.

My mom and I went and did our ward's service day this morning. She strung backpacks, and I learned a little something about tying quilts. 

I was working with Melanie Olney, who I had known of in our ward but never really talked to much. In fact, until I found that she, too, loved Remington Steele, I had never imagined we'd have a conversation like two old friends, which is what ended up happening.

We were talking about how the best thing in the world is when a guy treats you right and how important my Mom always taught me that was. I told her about this guy who treats me like I'm special, like I'm the most special thing in the world. 

"And, to him, you are," she said.

Guys of the world, PLEASE attend:

Study that Pierce Brosnan look. Learn it, and when you think a girl is truly the best thing, use it on her. Don't hold back because you're afraid of getting hurt. ANY girl worth her salt who gets that look will be affected.



Girls of the world, THIS part is for you:

Someday you will find a guy to love who gives you that look every day. You will make some nice man's life beyond complete and he will show it by flashing you that Brosnan-like charming smile at the moments you least expect it.

Every woman deserves that smile. 



1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! Never settle right? Happily Ever after will happen in the Lord's time :)

    ReplyDelete