Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Weekend+thoughts for today

I just want to take this opportunity to say how ecstatic I am that our football team won on Saturday! BYU football beat Washington this weekend, in a fantastic game. I almost didn't go, but my friend Brad convinced me to come back to Provo from my hometown and watch the game on his laptop, since he was trying to get a group together of those of us who didn't get a sports pass. It was hard to say goodbye to my Mom, Dad and Grandma after being home for just a little more than twenty-four hours, but I knew I would have a good weekend. And I really did--several movie nights, company over much of the time, and a really good Sunday. We had a great testimony meeting that extended into Sunday school, and then Jess, one of my dear roomies, convinced me to go to choir practice, which felt really good.
Labor Day was so much fun. I slept in until eleven, which felt amazing. My friend Courtney texted me soon after, asking for a ride to Best Buy to pick up her computer, which was tragically soaked by a leaky water bottle during late Summer Honors. I had to go to Wal-Mart anyway, so we went. Her warranty covered all the charges, we found all we needed at Wal-Mart, and RC Willey--a major furniture chain, I just learned that not everywhere has them--was offering a free lunch of soda and hot dogs. Now, that's not very healthy, I admit, but it was free and we are starving students. So we went. It was a fun little adventure, and we were able to talk about furniure and decor while we tried to find food. We went back to my place for Victory Lemonade, and I began cooking.
We were having some boys over for dinner, so I made CCR salad, Jess made Racamoni, and I made Cheesecake Brownies for Garrett's birthday "cake". Michelle, Jess, and I worked to get the apartment nice once we had made the food. As we cooked and cleaned together, my iPod blasting out the "Hairspray" soundtrack with occasional sing-along, I felt such a warm, comforting, Little Women-esqe feeling.
After the boys ate, we went to family home evening. We were with group 23 playing capture-the-flag, which I have discovered I get WAY too competitive about. I run, I set people on behind-the-jail patrols because I always play jail guard, I take no thought for my asthma ("Sucks to your as-mar!" name that quote), and I get so in-the-zone that I'm not really very courteous to people.
I realized this weekend that I haven't been even thinking about the writing goals I set for myself during late summer honors, and I feel bad about it, because I'm sure everyone else has. So, starting today when I get my homework done, I will begin to live my goals.
I wish there was time to pick up a Jamba Juice to sip during University Devotional. Oh, well--a scheduling lesson for next semester, true? True.

No comments:

Post a Comment