Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dear Muscles...Why?

Dear Muscles,
   Hi there, it's me your partner, Lindsey? The person who you help to move around all day?

First of all, let me thank you for your nearly 20 years of faithful service. You are truly amazing. Today, however, actually make that lately, you've been really tense and tired.

I'm not sure what I've done to tense you up and tire you out, but whatever it is I am very sorry. I know I haven't been to faithful about working you out lately, but as soon as we get back to school and I get free gym access again, I promise to take you to the pool and on that elliptical we both love--we can even try out the new gym in the Smith Field House, wouldn't you like that?

I've been trying to sleep well, I try to eat enough protein for you, and I do try not to stress. I promise to take you to either a massage chair or a hot tub tomorrow.

In return, I need you to go back to being the dependable, strong muscles you usually are. We are doing some pretty hardcore moving this coming week, and I need you at your peak! I will try to take better care of you from now on, and I'll even give you Tylenol if it will help.

Now let's go to bed--we've both been tired since we got home from Brittney Porter Wallentine's lovely reception.

XOXO,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment